In industry and army, circuit debugging plays an important role, having partial knowledge of which may lead to lose of life.
It is of great importance in army as well as in industries for fault finding and rectifying circuits as per requirements.
"The event testing the basic electronic knowledge and circuit debugging of the candidate may help them to be industrial ready."
This event is based on examining the theoretical knowledge of the candidates and applying it to debug a circuit. The candidate has to qualify various rounds in order to prove their theoretical knowledge and apply it in order to rectify a circuit. The event is concerned with the basic electronic knowledge quiz and circuit debugging which test the candidate's understanding of theorical knowledge and its applications in real life.
Its industrial application is that it can help in defusing bombs, etc. at a dangerous area in military applications. Another application is that it may help in finding and rectifying circuit in industry and military application.
- This event helps in testing the theoretical knowledge of the candidate.
- This event helps in bridging up the gap between candidate's theoretical knowledge and practical applications.
- Through this event candidates will develop problem solving skills.
- Since it is a team event it helps in building team spirit.
- Participants may come in team of at most two members.
- Registration can be done online as well as offline.
- The participants will be provided a complete circuit with a fault. They have to detect the fault and correct it to give the corresponding output.
- The input and output will be predefined and the participants have to debug the circuit in such a way that the output obtained is exactly same as the theoretical output.
- Here the participants will be provided with some specific components. Using those components, the participants have to generate the desired output.
- Round 1 will be held on the first day of event i.e. 29 Aug 2019 in different slots whereas the Round 2 will be held on the second day. Both the stages of round 2 will be conducted on same day and finally the prize distribution ceremony on the last day (31 Aug 2019).
This event consist of two rounds:
a) Round 1 will be a quiz on the gadgets and electronics used in daily life and basic ‘C’.
b) Round 2 comprises of two stages:
- Round 1 will be a quiz.
- The time duration of quiz will be 60 minute.
- The participants will not be allowed to use internet. If anyone found cheating during quiz, this will lead to their disqualification.
- Both the participants will participate alternatively, for the first 30 minutes one member of the team will perform and the remaining 30 minutes the other member will perform.
- Before the quiz starts, the participants will mutually decide that who among them is going to perform first.
- In this round for stage 1, participants will not be allowed to use internet but for the second stage participants will be allowed.
The components provided will be specific, no additional component will be provided to any participant.
- Practicality and cost effectiveness.
- Extent of implementation.
- The participants appearing in Round 1 will be judged on basis of their score of quiz. Top 10 teams will be going to round 2 for stage 1.
- In stage 1 of round 2, the participants will be judged on the basis of accuracy and speed.
- The judging criteria for final round will be decided by the judges themselves.
- Faculty coordinators and Head coordinator have all the rights to take final decision for any matter during the event, and also reserve the rights to add/remove/change any rules before or during the event.